Sunday, June 01, 2008

HONOR DUE

Matthew 15:4 says "Honor your father and mother....". I would be remiss and out of line with scripture if I did not take the time to honor my mother specifically. I am certain of two things specifically when it comes to my Mom:

1) She truly is a God-send to us.

God has blessed us so very much to have her as such a critical part of our lives. She is always there for us: night, day, vacation, discovery trip, movie night, you name it. Great sports teams cannot win titles, championships, or make that final push to victory without the support and service of those folks behind the scenes always sacrificing to advance the goals and the team.



The Phoenix Suns despite being short of the title in the recent years call their fans "The Sixth Man" referring to the sixth player that is emotionally on the court at all times with them to help push them to victory...without the fans, and their support the team would not go anywhere. My mom is our "6th Man". Her tireless support, her constant service, her Love of Jesus, and her love for us speak volumes as to why we are the family that we are today.


2) She deserves more than I can give.

In my heart of hearts I yearn to have the resources to honor her the way she deserves to be honored..Tickertape parade, Hall of Fame Induction, Nobel Prize, and the list could go on...but I know that she does not want those things. I know she strives like many of us to hear those few precious words we so desire to hear from Jesus one day 'Well done good and faithful servant".
I am as convinced as I am of my salvation in Christ that she will hear those words one day and that she will receive a crown of un-imaginable beauty and majesty from the Lord himself for her service...........only to immediately lay it at his feet and cry "Holy is the Lamb". She is the kind of servant of the Lord I aspire to be someday.

I cannot comprehend our lives without her, nor do I wish to.

Mom, it is so unworthy to honor you with only words, but I cannot think of a more simple and gratifying way than to just express my most gracious "Thank You" and more importantly "I Love You".

Gabe








1 comment:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

You brought tears to my eyes. How beautiful. Doing what you did Gabe is the best gift she could ever ask for!

What a wonderful woman...a total package of Proverbs 31! You've rose up and called her blessed!