Friday, August 18, 2006

Day 10 Final Thoughts - Yogyakarta, Indonesia (July 11th ,2006)

Day 10 (Leaving Central Java Indonesia for Home - Arizona) -

This is my last entry as today I leave for home. Again I am saddened by the fact that my time here has come to an end. As I reflect back over the past 9 days I cannot help but feel conflicted. On one hand I am so very grateful that the Lord called me here to serve and witness the unfolding of his will for "A"and the people of his village, but also the pure majesty of his will for us. We tend to take for granted everything we have, and also the time we are here on this earth. Stopping to realize even though it seems long to us it is but a vapor in the overall plan.

I am torn becasue I wish I could bring my family here to experience all God has revelaed to me and allowed me to particiapte in while continuing to help these people rebuild. I know I have to leave and fulfill my commitments to my family, but I leave a piece of my heart here in indonesia when I step on that plane this morning.

I pray my new brother in Christ grows and matures in faith and that more of his village is open to and responds to the Lords calling in their lives. I also pray for my dear servant friends who serve faithfully here in country reaching out to these wonderful Muslim people. Yes, I used Wonderful and Muslim together....because thats what they are...thats what we all are "Precious to God". He wants so badly for us to know him personally and to have a relationship with each one of us that he paid the ultimate price. We need to praise him and worship him for his is worthy.

If you are from Mesa Baptist or my family and reading this I Thank You from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and support while I was here. I also want to challenge you to step out of that comfort zone, say to God "I will go Lord" not to appease someone else, not to appease yourself, but if your being called you know that obedience is the only solution...you must go.

Jesus said in Matthew (Chapter 9 verse 37-38): “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” - won't you please prayerfully consider this scripture to be revelaed in your life.

**I dedicate these journals and writings to my brothers who were also called to go with me but were suddenly cut short in the process. Brian, Drew -- Your sacrifice was large and your rewards will be great. I pray God puts us together soon to share in his majesty on the Field** -Your Brother in Christ. - Gabe

No comments: